Assemblymember Cecilia Aguiar-Curry’s
June 2018 Lake CC report (1)
AB 2292 – Improving Infant and Toddler Care
• Assembly Bill 2292 will strategically invest in California’s child care system by increasing state rates for infant and toddler care, creating a grant program to fund implementation and start-up costs of new child care facilities, and establishing a fund to recruit a new generation of family child care providers.
• Passed Assembly Floor, In the Senate
AB 2576 – Emergencies: Healthcare
• AB 2576 is critical to ensure that communities continue to receive timely access to care when disaster strikes. This bill takes into account the experiences of clinics and health providers in communities impacted by the 2017 wildfires, and proposes policy streamlining that will provide for improved continuity of care even in the face of natural disasters. AB 2576 is a comprehensive bill to address a variety of challenges identified during the disaster response to the wildfires of 2017. These changes will improve the ability of community health clinics and their health care providers to deliver timely access to services after a disaster occurs.
• Passed Assembly – In the Senate
In the District
• Met with SEIU Local 2015
• Spoke with League of CA Cities
• Attended and spoke at Lake County Early Child Educator Awards
• Cecilia is honored with the overwhelming support she received in the election.
• There were three official ‘write in’ candidates – one from Dixon, one from Davis and one from Lake County. We are waiting for the final results as to who will move on to the November election with Cecilia. She received 94.1% of the Lake County vote.