January 5, 2017
- Assembly member Aguiar-Curry was named Chair of Assembly Local Government Committee. The committee’s jurisdiction includes:
- Primary jurisdictions are General Plan, land use, housing element, local agency formation commissions (LAFCO), city and county organization and powers, special district governance and finance, special taxes, Subdivision Map Act, Brown Act, Public Records Act, redevelopment (as it relates to governance and financing), infrastructure financing districts, local government finance, charter cities and counties, eminent domain, joint powers authorities, Williamson Act, design-build (for local governments), military base reuse, public private partnerships (for local governments), state mandates, county clerks/ recorders, and civil grand juries.
- Assembly member Aguiar-Curry met with Senator McGuire, Supervisor Rob Brown, Supervisor Jose “Moke” Simon and others to discuss the Anderson Springs Waste Water Project. The Assembly member will be a good partner with the Senator’s office as we work to address the needs of Anderson Springs.
- The Assembly member attended the swearing in ceremony for Supervisors Brown, Scott and Simon earlier this week.
- Keep Clear Lake Blue: The Assembly member is looking into a bill proposal that would require a state study on the status of the lake and what is needed to bring the lake and its habitat into good health.
- Staff is still working on a Lakeport office. More to come!